Friday, June 15, 2012

6.15.2012 My other creative outlets...

So, I really heart photoshop.  Not because I can make my photography subjects look like they are on a magazine cover. And not because I want to use it to alter people's appearances.  I love it for the beautiful effects it can give a photo and I also love it for its design capabilities.  I can lose all track of time in photoshop - I can lose hours of my life. And I can create.

Over the years I have made a lot of designs in photoshop and thought I'd start sharing them now and then. Just like it's a nice way to document my photos - I think this will be a nice way to look at my other creative outlets!

The images I'm posting today are things I have made for my sister's wedding activities. The first is an invitation to her "girls day out" to celebrate her upcoming ceremony.  My sister and I are two girls who love emotional, whimsical, romantic ideas.  This image was the white picket fence and her favorite flower.  A storybook intro and romantic quote about the location they will be married. Was I hoping for tears? Maybe.





I also helped out a little bit with a recent shower for her.  My sister is a popcorn-aholic. So, it was fitting to have popcorn at the shower and I found a little inspiration for this on Pinterest.  I recreated my own version that we printed on popcorn bags to have at the shower... along with soda pop with striped paper straws. (so cute!)



Just a few other fun details from the shower...





No comments:

Post a Comment